You can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s new research study called Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save more lives!
To be eligible to enroll in CPS-3, men and women should:
- be between 30 and 65 years old
- have no personal history of cancer (this does not include basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
- be willing to make a long-term commitment to the study which simply involves completing periodic follow-up questionnaires.
The goal of CPS-3 is to better understand ways to prevent cancer. Once a person has cancer, the body has been affected by the disease, treatment, and/or lifestyle changes as a result of the diagnosis. For this reason, we strongly encourage individuals without a history of cancer to enroll.
Enrollment is free and will take place at various locations throughout Colorado in the fall of 2013. To schedule your 30-minute enrollment appointment, find and click on the location most convenient for you (from the list of enrollment sites when they are released…in May). Study participation involves:
- reading and signing an informed consent form
- completing a survey
- providing a waist circumference measurement
- providing a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit)
Upon completion of these steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
For more information, visit cancer.org/cps3 or call toll free 1-888-604-5888.